Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My Birthday!

I know my birthday is in July, I'm just really bad at the normal blog posting.

Queen of Sheba is an Ethiopian restaurant here in town and since I know nothing about Ethiopian cuisine I really wanted to go for a birthday dinner. I've always been one to go for the meals that are just as much about who your with as the food itself. The menu is primarily a single diner set up but there are a few options for group sample dishes.
Bring on the sampler!


A tasty beef entree, chicken with peppers and onions in an interesting spice blend, a couple of sides including a killer green bean side dish, and your salad all on one plate. How freakin cool is that? The scrolls are an Ethiopian bread made with a flour native to the country. It has a really weird flavor that gets you in the back of the mouth but not in a bad way. It's different. And it's really, really good.


On the menu is the note "forks available upon request." Handi-naps are table side with the sugar packets, and under the glass on the table is a little info on Ethiopia, maps and such. A really cool place, and I look forward to adding it to the list of in town awesomeness right next to Vietnam Kitchen.

Who needs forks?

No comments: